UKCA Marking and ASME U- Stamp 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suraya Abdul

Mechanical
Jun 29, 2023
GB
Good Day

I am working on a project where there are columns, vessels and reactors being manufactured to ASME VIII Div.1 for use in the UK.
Please can you advise whether an ASME U- stamp is also required together with UKCA marking? Or is UKCA marking sufficient for ASME VIII Div.1 vessels to be used in the UK.
The PESR Category is IV.

Thank You
Suraya

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

UKCA-marking has been postponed again, so it would depend on your time of delivery if UKCA-marking is required.
I cant imagine ASME stamp is required, however it may be a client requirement.

Nonetheless I think UKCA without ASME stamp would be sufficient.

Huub
- You never get what you expect, you only get what you inspect.

XL83NL sums it up well. UKCA is not completely mandatory at the moment, CE marking is still accepted until end of 2024. This has been delayed twice now.
Similar to PED, you can use ASME VIII Div 1 as your recognised standard but it does not have presumption of conformity with the legislation so you will have to do additional steps to prove conformity, e.g. PMAs.

Your best bet to find a UKCA NoBo e.g. LR or TuV.

UKCA when (and if) it is applied does not apply throughout the UK. Northern Ireland will continue to use CE marking. If there is any chance of the product being ‘placed on the market’ in NI or the EU, then it would be sensible to CE mark as well.

It’s a BREXIT Bonus!

Thank you all!
To be used in UK, and not in EU or Ireland.
Project is still in FEED, so I expect by 2024 UKCA will be mandatory for equipment in the UK, unless pushed out again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back