Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Ukraine Power Plants - Part 2 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

bones206

Structural
Jun 22, 2007
US
Thought it would be a good time to start a fresh thread, since recent developments have put everyone on alert again.

Part 1: thread815-492582

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Russia don't really have an "army" what they have is 300 000 mobilized without any training thrown in at the frontline after shooting up a mag at the firing range.
And very few really trained militaries.
No commanders, no weapons, no winter clothes, no communication, no supply lines, no backup artillery and those they have can't hit anything.

Even the mercenaries in Wagner is starting complaining because there new recruits are untrained life time prisoners that sometimes has both HIV and or Hepatitis C which Russian doctors refuse to treat.

And the conflicts between minority groups inside the army is just growing.

“Logic will get you from A to Z; imagination will get you everywhere.“
Albert Einstein

Well on "paper" it looks something like this.

Active military: 660,000
Para military: 250,000
Reserv Personal: 250,000
Tot Military: 1,350,000

The Ukrainians have
killed of 68,900
wounded ca 206,700 probably more.
and then a couple of thousands of POWs too.
and then you have 300,000 mobilized
and how many where in Ukrania before the mobilization not sure they started of with 190,000 so lets say 100,000

Which leaves around 1,350,000 - 68,900 - 300,000 - 100,000 = ca 881,100

But this leaked document from Russia says it's more dead missing then Urania dose.

GeneralSVR(reserve)
Saturday 10/15/2022, in the morning report to Russian President Vladimir Putin, the irretrievable military operational loss of manpower of the personnel of the RF Armed Forces is 66126 people. Data as of 6:00 Moscow time today.
This figure, excluding data on the losses of Russian PMCs taking part in hostilities on the territory of Ukraine, on Friday, October 14, is 20,415 dead. The next final data on the losses of PMC fighters should be received on Friday, October 21st.
And will continue to be updated once a week.
Losses of the National Guard since the beginning of hostilities 5036 killed and missing.

Albert Einstein

I suspect that leak was engineered.....

The 66126 is dead and wounded. According to them.

Russia is saying 20 415 which is unlikely.

Anyway, reports of Russia doing things behind locked doors in the plant. I presume they are now seriously considering that they are going to have to pull out and really don't want the Ukrainians to be able to get any power out of it when they leave.

The reports are implying that the activity they are preventing inspectors from viewing is in the spent fuel storage area. If true, this would reinforce the dirty bomb scenario. I suppose that if they did detonate something that contaminated the area for miles, the plant might have to shut down permanently. They probably look at it as saddling Ukraine with another Chernobyl to deal with for generations and consider that a strategic win.

It would also give them the pretext to respond with a nuclear strike of their own. A Russian minister conveniently sent a letter to the UN Security Council implying that exact thing. It all seems very coordinated, which is alarming.

IAEA director, Raphael Grossi, left behind 2 inspectors at ZPNN. He ‘complained’ about the plant being subsumed by Rosatom, because continuity of operation is questionable— it is in shutdown mode. Inspectors are there at this plant right now, what are they saying about this? I can’t find any recent statements on this alleged construction?

Factorer said:
I can’t find any recent statements on this alleged construction?

This is the statement direct from the Ukrainian nuclear utility:
ENERGOATOM said:
During the last week, the russian occupationists have been carrying out unauthorized construction works on the territory of the Dry Spent Nuclear Fuel Storage Facility (DSNFSF) at the Zaporizhzhya NPP. The russian military conduct these works by themselves, in secret. Ukrainian personnel and the IAEA representatives present at the ZNPP site are not allowed to the construction site.

I believe this is the latest statement from IAEA on the matter: Sounds like inspections are imminent.

Here is the Russian minister at a press conference saying that the inspectors are unlikely to find anything, because dirty bombs are not complicated devices and the Ukrainians have plenty of time to disassemble before inspectors arrive:
Obviously this statement is nonsense. For one thing - he premises his statements on the notion that the dirty bomb activity was happening at Zaporizhzhia. How could the Ukrainians be doing all this alleged activity at a plant under complete Russian military control in which they have no personnel able to move freely? The logic falls apart pretty quickly. But then again, the Russians don't really care how well their lies hold up under scrutiny. It's all about flooding the zone with uncertainty and fear, using their crazy unpredictable behavior as a sort of protective bubble to keep their perceived enemies at a distance.

An animal is most dangerous when it is cornered. I don't think it is wise to push Putin into an untenable corner. Anything is possible in that situation.

=====================================
(2B)+(2B)' ?

I hope you are not suggesting giving in to the bully?
Would you (meaning US)?
Even though this interview isn't about the nuclear threat, I think this is the answer.

For the Ukrainians there isn't any difference if they get eradicated as Russian slaves or if it is vid a nuke, probably less would be by a nuke.
So there is no way they are going to give Putin anything because he will just come back for more.
Only way not to be eradicated is to keep fighting until Putin gets the message or The Russian Federation collapses.

Albert Einstein

Nigel Farage said:
"Putin is actually on our side"
?????? [rofl2]

I find it very strange that a country that opposes the federal government as much as you US people do can even think that Putin is on your side..

What I mean is that you have, what the Ukrainians wants, freedom from a federal government that isn't even there own.

No one, more then Russia and Putin is to blame.
How can you blame anyone else for a state and the people of it, wanting freedom from oppression?

Albert Einstein

Nigel Farage is UK government, not USA. Nobody in USA said Putin is on our side.

However, Farage predicted that if NATO kept taunting Russia by meddling in Ukraine politics, performing military exercises near the Russian border, and taunting Russia with a Ukraine NATO membership that Russia would make an extreme reaction. Well, he was right, much more so than our current crop of "experts".

Okay my mistake should have checked better, but it doesn't change anything.
The Ukrainians will strive for what they won't regardless of what we think about it.
Being slaves and eradicated under the Russian federation or being there own free and democratic country.
Whether they will succeed or not is very much up to us, however, but how much they strive is not.

There is this saying "What you ask for, says who you are, not what you get.

Albert Einstein

If NATO wasn't messing around in Ukraine they would still be their own sovereign country (calling them free is a bit of a reach) and nobody would be dead.

Maybe the West should be sending Ukraine the billions we are because this really is our fault.

He is more like the verruca on the foot of politics which has stood in dog poo without any shoes on.

It's funny round me certain groups think he is some big player as well.

He seemed to be well in with Trump though and the USA sees more of him than we do in Europe thankfully.

Maybe not a nuclear disaster, yet?
I am curious, is this a common practice?

6Sk%C3%A4rmklipp_pksa1o.jpg

Albert Einstein

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back