UL Listing 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

electron4

Electrical
Apr 1, 2008
US
Hello,

The company that I work for is looking to UL list an electrical system we are building. It includes an instrument that I will call the "Sensor Instrument" for detecting changes in material properties, a "Motion Controller" that controls motion in the X and Y directions,"Motors" and a "Computer"

Also when we are done we want the components of the system such as "Sensor Instrument" to be individually UL listed.

Does anyone have a recommendation on where to go to get this tested and how to start the process? Or does anyone just have any general advice? We are located in Washington State.

Thank you.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Don't just stop at getting a quote from UL.. I'd highly recommend getting quotes from other NRTL's like ETL/MET/NTS and any others that test to the standards you require.

We have had a MUCH better experience with ETL versus UL.. You don't have to use UL.. Other companies can test to the same UL standards and many times will be cheaper. At least make them fight for the business.

also be aware of the difference between UL listed and UL recognized.. Something like your "sensor instrument" might be UL recognized in that it might have conditions of acceptability that must be provided by the end user of the equipment.. For an example.. Some UL standards might require a "fire enclosure".. Your sensor might not have that enclosure by itself.. But the equipment you (or your customer) mount that into might become the fire enclosure.. So now your sensor has a CofA stating that a fire enclosure must be provided by the end user.. This might be a good or might be a bad thing..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back