Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unable to select tabular note to edit or delete. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

BScherb

Mechanical
Feb 11, 2022
US
Need to edit a tabular not but can not select in any way. All layers are selectable. Only way it can be selected is if I select "info-object"... any ideas?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Is it locked?
tabular_locked_fowq5c.png

Verify your selection filter is set to NO SELECTION FILTER.
It also helps if you select the tabular note at one of the top corners.

Jerry J.
UGV5-NX1961

If you select it with the Information Object, Is it a table or a custom symbol or ...?
What layer is it on ?
Is that Layer "on" or is it "off but visible in view" ? ( this will make it non selectable to all functions except the information Object)
The Information Object is coded such that it will or should be able to select all objects no matter of "protection" and present information about the selected.

Regards,
Tomas

Never try to teach a pig to sing. I wastes your time and it annoys the pig.:)

Sometimes the domain of an object like a note, sketch, or view can stretch beyond it's visible entities, blocking selection. Blank stuff until you can select.

Toost ... winner, winner, chicken dinner! Can't believe that was the issue. I kept making sure all layers were selectable, but actually had to go in and specifically toggle layer 254 visible only off and then selectable. Never had that issue before. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back