Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Unhandled Errors

Status
Not open for further replies.

dlarz

Mechanical
Apr 30, 2004
US
A couple of times a day, my Solidworks (2004) will shut down in the middle of a process and return an "unhandle error" fault. What does this mean? Is the anything I can do to prevent this (and losing work)?

Thanks - Dave

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

It means that something caused SW to Shut down. The error is vague, but the reason it shut down is broad. The one thing that I have found that causes most Unhandled errors is not cleaning out your TEMP folder faq559-884 or your out of HDD space. Your Network could be part of the issue or it could be a Video driver. If your not using a certified Video Card with a certifed Driver, that could most likely cause it to crash.

Check out "Trouble Shooting a Crash prone System" -
You might try doing a repair or reinstall if the above tips don't help. faq559-908 faq559-488

Regards,

Scott Baugh, CSWP [borg2]
CSWP.jpg

faq731-376

We had more of this on SP2.1 - SP3 seems to be better. But it does vary with the user and machine here, so I think Scott's input is right on the ball.

John Richards Sr. Mech. Engr.
Rockwell Collins Flight Dynamics

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

It also seems if you go to "fast" for SolidWorks (clicking on another function before the one being processed is finished) this will also cause an unhandled error.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back