Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unused Folder in Operation Navigator

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigguy136

Mechanical
Jan 19, 2011
US
I want to put an unused operation in the unused folder. Is there a way to do this in one step? I currently do it in Program Order, Machine Tool, Geometry and Machining Method. If I'm adding a method to the unused folder, I want it in all four locations automatic.

Thanks.
NX 7.5

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

There are four "Unused Items" folders, one in each view.

If you move something in to one of the four folders, it will be displayed in a different color in the other three views, and it will be ignored for things like IPW.

Why do want to move the operation in all 4 views?

Mark Rief
Product Manager
Siemens PLM

There is a tool path I might need for future use but I don't want someone to see it and continue to use it. If I have all 4 locations in the unused folder, it helps make it idiot proof.

Thanks.

I would still recommend moving it in the program view only. If you need it in the future, you probably want the same tool and method, for example.

But if you like, you can do this with one button push to run a journal. You can select the operation, then record a jounal that does the 4 moves. You will be able to play this back for the same operation type.

If you post something on the Siemens PLM support forum or call GTAC, I'll give you a program that does it for all operation types.

Mark Rief
Product Manager
Siemens PLM

Thanks Mark. I see your point of moving it in program view only. I will try that and see if anyone has problems understanding. I can't post on the PLM forum (unless things have changed) because my company didn't purchase the maintenance. Any other way to get the program?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back