Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Update parts in session after cache change 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

fighterpilot

Military
Nov 5, 2004
US
Lets say I have a CATProdut in session that is using CGR's retrieved from the cache directory. If the files in the cache directory were to somehow update to a later time, i.e. a change was made, how would I get my in session assembly to see those changes? Would a refresh do it or would I have to retrieve the assembly again?

Thanks...

V5R17

--
Fighter Pilot
Manufacturing Engineer

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

CATIA manages the CGR's such that only 1 exists for each CATPart.

When a change is made to a CATPart and it is re-saved CATIA replaces the existing CGR with one representing the new shape.

If this is done within a Product Structure you can change the CATPart from 'Design mode' to 'Visulisation mode' immediately after saving, this will 'exchange' the modified CATPart for the 'new' CGR in the Product Structure in the session

Otherwise, with the option 'Work with Cache Management' option switched on, the new CGR file would be loaded the next time you open the CATProduct in a CATIA session. Hope this helps.

I was miskten on the use of the CGR's. They are not being used and cache management is off.

My question comes down to this, how can the user force a re-read of a directory that contains the files they currently have in CATIA session so the CATIA display will update? Do they just have to close the CATProduct and retrieve it again?

Thanks...

--
Fighter Pilot
Manufacturing Engineer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back