Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Updating linked bodies constrained by interpart expressions

Status
Not open for further replies.

BSM1487

Mechanical
May 12, 2011
US
I have an assembly of a die-set that is almost entirely constrained with distance constraints. The values are interpart expressions. When I make an edit the actual components move fine, but the linked bodies stay in their original position until I use the "update for external change" command. Is there anyway to get the update to happen automatically?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Did you looked in the Customer Defaults; Assemblies - General - Interpart Modeling : Maybe the Delay Assembly Constraints is checked, if so uncheck it.

Best regards,

Michaël.

NX7.5.4.4 + TC Unified 8.3

I'm using NX6.0, and don't see Delay Assembly Constraints. I also have delay interpart update unchecked.

I should note that when I move the component using the move component commmand(within the degrees of freedom the constraints allow) it updates fine.

Under Your assembly load option go to "scope" and make sure "load interpart data" is toggled, also make sure the componenets are nor partially loaded.
I am on NX6.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back