Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

US Army searchable database?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mloew

Automotive
Apr 3, 2002
US
Can anybody point me to a publicly searchable database to get US Army part numbers and prints? I do not have a systems designator, only a description. Googling with the keywords did not yield any useful results.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Matthew Ian Loew
"I don't grow up. In me is the small child of my early days" -- M.C. Escher

Please see FAQ731-376 for tips on how to make the best use of Eng-Tips Fora.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

IRstuff,

Thanks for the link, but I was not able to find what I was looking for. It is difficult to search by only keywords.

Best regards,

Matthew Ian Loew
"I don't grow up. In me is the small child of my early days" -- M.C. Escher

Please see FAQ731-376 for tips on how to make the best use of Eng-Tips Fora.

You might try getting in touch with the US Army Materiel Command (AMC), website . I believe they (or their subordinate commands) manage many of the technical data packages for the Army's legacy systems.

You might also try the office of the Assistant Secretary of the Army for Acquisition, Logistics, and Technology (ASAALT), website . As the Army Program Executive Offices now are organizationally reporting to ASAALT instead of AMC, you might find out how to get information that way.

Obviously, not everything will be available. Some will not be available simply because it is classified or restricted and some won't be available due to the trend in the past ten years of the Army not buying tech data packages due to the transition to performance-based acquisition. Increased use of COTS (commercial off-the-shelf) items may lead you to commercial vendors who may or may not be inclined to give you any information.

Good luck,

-MC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back