Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Using Excel spreadsheet to drive NX motion simulation

Status
Not open for further replies.

marianw88

Automotive
Jul 21, 2012
GB
Hello,
I was wondering if any of you guys know if motion simulations in NX can be driven by spreadsheet or datasets.

Let's say time vs displacement?? I would like to simulate displacement of hydraulic rams versus time. Any hints would be appreciated.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Well I found the option myself and two problems arised, first is the format NX is using - AFU ( Cant open it with any text editor nor Excel ), second is NX is not accepting my data for some reason. When I press 'Key in from spreadsheet' Excel window appear, I key in the values and close. Then it seems like NX is doing something in the background but no data is added. Only way to edit this data is texting it manualy by pressing 'key in from Text editor' and pressing apply. But it takes ages, so I am still looking for solution.

I don't have excel in front of me but when NX opens the excel spreadsheet there is an add on which gives you a button (can't remember the name of the button) to import the values into NX. Just saving or closing the excel spreadsheet won't input the values.

NX 8.0.3.4 mp2, TC 8.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back