Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Using sketch & "Create in place"

Status
Not open for further replies.

DominicG

Aerospace
Sep 23, 2004
US
We have an assembly that has several sheaves (pulleys) in line. I need to model the cable that is being passed over and around these sheaves. I was going to use create in place, but cannot get it to select the sketch representing the cross section of the cable that I made in the assembly. Is there an easier way to do this?

Just as an aside, we're using V18. When we're in environment, the feature tool bar shows up with the keypoint curve option grayed out. Is this because you cannot use keypoint curves as an assembly driven feature?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi,

'Create in place' seems like a goof idea. After creating the part, return to your asm and use the command 'copy sketch' to copy it associatively (or not) the cross section sketch into your part file.

NB: The keypoint curve command is not a assembly driven feature and is not available in the assembly environment.

Fred

Hi,
I am using Solid Edge V18. Trying to place a part on a Draft file with other parts. But I do not want it to show up in the List Of Material. How can I set this up?????

Roy

Roy,

You can edit the properties of the table and go to the 'list control' tab. Then you can select that part and click 'exclude'.

NB: Your Parts list should be based on the view of an asm file.

Fred

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back