Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

using variables in drafts? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrcadmand

Industrial
Apr 21, 2011
US
I am importing a variable used in a part into my draft template. The problem I am having is the format is not right. If I use the distance variable, it comes in with "in"(inch mark) as a suffix. If I use scalar variable, it comes in with only 2 decimal places. I want 3 decimal places with no "in" suffix. I have tried changing the precision in both the properties and the style I'm using. Nothing seems to change it. I am also using ST3.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I am assuming here that you just want to get rid of th "in" suffix and that you are using property text in the draft file.
The property text will be something like %{variablename¦GP}

You need to add the /NU qualifier after the variable name to get rid of the units so it will read %{variablename/NU¦GP}.
There are quite a few qualifiers so look for property text in the Help topics.

bc.
2.4GHz Core2 Quad, 4GB RAM,
Quadro FX4600.

Where would we be without sat-nav?

For some reason if the variable is being called from a part %{GrooveEnd/CP|R1} and the variable type is set at distance, the /NU does not work. I was able to get the format I want by changing the type to Scaler.
Thanks for yor reply BC. I was able to find other property handlers that come in handy.

Alternatively you should be able to remove all references to measurement units by unchecking an option in the model.
It's somewhere in Solid Edge Options but I can't remember which tab.

bc.
2.4GHz Core2 Quad, 4GB RAM,
Quadro FX4600.

Where would we be without sat-nav?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back