Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

USS Bonhomme Richard fire, reopened thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

I think that's happening less, and less.[hourglass]

So strange to see the singularity approaching while the entire planet is rapidly turning into a hellscape. -John Coates

-Dik

There is rarely any such thing as "good will" among the current generation of senior military officers. It is mostly a**-covering and blame-shifting for career protection. While there has always been some smaller amount of such irresponsibility, I believe it is far greater these days than in the past. Just my two cents, and since it is opinion, not even worth that much.

debodine said:
There is rarely any such thing as "good will" among the current generation of senior military officers. It is mostly a**-covering and blame-shifting for career protection. While there has always been some smaller amount of such irresponsibility, I believe it is far greater these days than in the past. Just my two cents, and since it is opinion, not even worth that much.

I think it has spread far beyond the military into lots of management positions (which military officers basically are) in many industries, sadly.

"I polished up the handle so carefully, that now I am the ruler of the Queen's Navy."

Seems to me our Navy hasn't been in a real war for something like 75 years. Our Army and Marines have been trying to survive warfare much more recently. As such, being an ass-kissing screw up tends to be more noticeable.

spsalso

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back