Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

uwanted lines in drafing 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

fastwrx

Aerospace
Jul 24, 2004
US
Hey guys/girls,

My company uses UG18 to model and AutoCAD02 for manuf. sketches. I am working on a chem-milled duct that has a rail-road pattern. My problem is when I add a view in UG drafting mode it gives me all of the radius(fillet) lines.

Is there any way to only show a view with object lines other than deleting the unwanted lines in view dependent edit?

Thanks!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

There are view display settings that will remove the transition lines (smooth lines in UG terms).

"Wildfires are dangerous, hard to control, and economically catastrophic."

Ben Loosli
CAD/CAM System Analyst
Ingersoll-Rand

ok i know exactly what you are talking about i hate those lines.

ok in ug v18 go to
edit scroll down to a command called view dependant edit
now select your view where you want to eliminate those lines. a box will come up with options. pick the upper left
box called erase objects now just select the lines you want to remove.

in ug nx2 they moved the command
what you have to do is on the right roll your mouse over the model tree, it will show you the names of the views you have, MAKE SURE YOU DONT HAVE ANY OPEN COMMANDS ON YOUR SCREEN. now right click on the name of the view in the model tree. you will find view dependant edit in there. it works the same except now the view is already selected so u just pick the erase objects and select what you want

if this is to confusing ill make you a video of it. but im on ug nx 2 just an fyi

designer gooroo
catia v5
unigraphics nx
pro-e wildfire
ideas v10
autocad 2004

Without doing any view dependant editing, bring up View Display Preferences & uncheck Smooth Edges. This will disable tangent edge display.

In NX2, select the view boundary, right click, select Style from the pulldown, click the Smooth Edges tab on the View Style dialog & uncheck Smooth Edges.

I think this is what Ben was talking about.

Tim Flater
Senior Designer
Enkei America, Inc.

As nkwheelguy said: uncheck smooth edges. If you check "virtual intersections" at the same time, you will get a thin interupted line at face intersections. This makes your views look more professional. Drawback is that when your model gets complex (freeforms) you might endup with unexpected results.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back