Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

V5R15 Drafting Text Properties Menu-Font Size Field Width

Status
Not open for further replies.

CK-ETN

Aerospace
Feb 14, 2004
US
The Text Properties menu has a pull down for Font Size. This menu field has a size width limit of 1 decimal place. When working in MM mode it is fine as the font size does not go beond 1 decimal place. When in inch mode we usually need at least 3 decimal places (eg .125, .160).
When working in inch units the pull down list will display .080, .110, .120, .140 sizes as .1 (rounded to 1 decimal place) and list .150-.200 sizes as .2 (rounds up). Is there any way to change the number of decimal places shown in this menu. It is hard for the user to determine what size of font is being used?

Note: if you right click on text and select properties you will see the pull down list has 3 decimal places shown for Size

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Right click on the field. All the way down at the bottom, select Precision. You can set it to any number of decimals you want, or set it to 0 and CATIA will automatically truncate where needed (i.e. .2, .12, and .1555 instead of .200, .120, and .156)

The default Text Sizes are set in your Drafting Standards file. If you haven't changed them, they are probably set in mm.

Search the FAQs and forum for more information on Drafting Standards.

I know how to change my standard and I am set-up to do so. But my problem is that I am still learing to find stuff in the standards. Can you help me find where I would set them to Inch?

You can't set them to inch within the Standards panel, only to mm. V5 will display them, however, in what ever units the user has selected.

The text sizes are set in General, Allowed Font Sizes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back