Video? problem in NX9 with selection in Explosions

Status
Not open for further replies.

crecore

Mechanical
Mar 11, 2010
US
Running 9.0.2.5 currently.

In NX8.5 the selections of components during creation of explosions in modeling worked relatively well. Other than the annoyance of it selecting the entire assembly at times; perhaps due to using the master model concept.

Something has changed in NX9. I have checked display card and driver compatibility already. Here is what happens. When you select components, then move, you often need to remove one of them, move the rest, remove the second, move the rest, remove the third, and so on, for a hardware stack for example. In NX 8.5 this could be done nicely, toggling from move back to select components and using the shift key to deselect all while still in the command. In NX9, while this still works, the previously selected components no longer stay highlighted and therefor also do not dehighlight when deselected reducing the usability of this. I find myself bailing out of the command and starting it again now for these types of operations. This is surely less efficient and it could not have been intended. Perhaps using the command this way was no intended and therefor not tested?

NX 9.0.1.3

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Upon further investigation once you toggle back and forth an deselect (blindly) once or twice the old functionality seems to return and the highlight and dehighlight correctly. Very odd.

NX 9.0.1.3

You may want to verify that you're running the latest certified graphics driver.

John R. Baker, P.E.
Product 'Evangelist'
Product Engineering Software
Siemens PLM Software Inc.
Industry Sector
Cypress, CA
Siemens PLM:
UG/NX Museum:

To an Engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

As I stated in my first post, "I have checked display card and driver compatibility already." Besides ALL of our systems, regardless of card or driver, seem to be doing this.

NX 9.0.1.3

At this point I suspect that your best next step would be to contact GTAC.

John R. Baker, P.E.
Product 'Evangelist'
Product Engineering Software
Siemens PLM Software Inc.
Industry Sector
Cypress, CA
Siemens PLM:
UG/NX Museum:

To an Engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back