Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

WCS of Datum Plane

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim0914

Mechanical
Sep 9, 2015
US
I have datum planes in my model and I orient the WCS to the CSYS of the Object. I select a datum plane. What determines the direction of the X and Y axis?
I am using NX V10.

Thanks ~

Jim Weisner
Senior Designer
General Electric Company

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I don't fully understand your question.
But if you just want to rotate an object
you can use the transform command and
select the dynamic option.

I am looking forward to seeing the answer to this question.
I know the z-axis can be flipped, but I do not know what controls the x & y directions.

Jerry J.
UGV5-NX11

I've attached a pic of my session. I've been testing this to see if the orienting of the CSYS on the Datum Plane will change with different Datum Planes and different starting CSYS's. The Datum CSYS in the pic represents the Absolute CSYS. I haven't found anything changes it. No matter what I do when I Orient the CSYS to the CSYS of the Object (Datum Plane) the X Axis always points in the negative Z (Absolute CSYS) direction. I am curious how it picks this and if I can change it while creating the datum plane or after.

Thanks ~

Jim Weisner
Senior Designer
General Electric Company

https://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=afe3114f-60d6-445a-a009-0be224fc378c&file=CSYS.PNG
... Know I understand the question.
ln the past aI was seek to understand it.

its like xform of a face/plane
the z axis always normal to face/plane

in rectangular face its go the middle
of the face.
the x,y directions is ?
I`ll follow this post to know if ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back