Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

websites with stress-strain curve data for hiper-elastic material models

Status
Not open for further replies.

andradesilva

Materials
Jun 20, 2017
PT
Hi,

I need to run simulations in ANSYS Workbench with an hiper-elastic material. My question is: How can I get the stress strain curve points for different temperatures for PET? I think there must be some databases online, where it is possible to consult this type of data for different materials. I would like to have the link for those websites. I prefer free websites, but I am willing to pay if I don't get the information I want for free.

I appreciate your help,
Thanks in advance,
AndradeSilva

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

What are you making and how? I'm not sure you need a hyper-elastic material model for PET, or that its even appropriate for PET. Pet is fairly stiff, and the elongation is not that great. At least as a first pass, a simple linear elastic or bi-linear isotropic hardening curve should work.

Rick Fischer
Principal Engineer
Argonne National Laboratory

I agree with Rick, if you want more accuracy you could use a multilinear model to define the material behaviour instead of hyper-elastic which is more propicious for rubber like materials.

Anyway, did you try to find stress-strain data in CampusPlastics? I have found some PET grades there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back