Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Weight calculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

MartinSweden

Mechanical
Mar 23, 2009
SE
Hi!

Running NX 5.0.5.3 under TC 2005

We would like to have the weight of the part or assembly written on the drawing and have it associative so changes to the part/assembly reflects in the weight.
However i do not seem to find the attribut for the mass showed under "Display Part Properties" Weight tab if a would like to add it as a text. But when adding a partlist I gain access to the $MASS attribute however now the mass/weight is displayd in metric g not kg.

Ideas anyone?

BR Martin

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

A Part List can do it but you may have to change the field variable from <W$=@$MASS> to <W$=@$MASS>*1000000

Other ways include taking a body measurement and then using an associative note.

Best Regards

Hudson

www.jamb.com.au

Nil Desperandum illegitimi non carborundum

Thanks! The Part List *1000000 was something I did think of.

With "Associative Note" do you mean Text->Text Editor-> Relationship Tab-> Object Attribute?

Would that also work if I was to add it to a Drawing Template? (We use Master model concept) or do I need to manually add it to the drawing? The numbers in the attribute "<W!450381@MASS>" seem to change depending on the object a choose..

Best Regards

Martin

Yes that was what I meant

With "Associative Note" do you mean Text->Text Editor-> Relationship Tab-> Object Attribute?

Sorry I never spelled it out for you. I was being brief because this entire correspondence took place during my sitting in on a three way conference call, Australia, US & Canada. You have to love VOIP!

Best Regards

Hudson

www.jamb.com.au

Yep VOIP is sweet! :)

Bacck to the subject. You missed my second question regarding adding a object attribute to a drawing template...

Best Regards

Martin

The answer was that I regularly use this in most of my templates. I also have several templates for customers in heavy industries who like their masses in kg.

Best Regards

Hudson

www.jamb.com.au

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back