Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Weld Symbol Tail

Status
Not open for further replies.

dklarz

Mechanical
Mar 31, 2005
US
SolidWorks 2014. Old hand at SW, new to the company. I need to add weld symbols to drawings but when I open the weld symbol insert command I don't see the expected box at the right of the symbol for notes that'll add the tail to the symbol. See attached image. Does anybody know how to adjust the command box so I can add tail to the symbol?

Thanks - Dave

Contractin' Dave
Mechanical Design Engineer
25 years in the contracting world

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=f2f4dd50-b24e-401f-844b-a9d1aee26394&file=SW_Weld_Symbol.png
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

This happened to me also. It has to do with the setting that you have for Font size in Windows. I had mine customized at 113% and SW doesn't like customize fonts. I'm on 2016 so I can't show you what needs to be changed, but I think it was on the Customize, Toolbars and pick one of the sizes. I'll look and see if I can find an old screenshot.
This also affects other data boxes.
Sylvia

This is what I took from my case #114536 at Fisher/Unitech:

We resolved the issue by:

* opening a drawing
* Tools> customize> Toolbars tab
* deselecting " use operating system scale
* selecting small font

Unchecking has solved the problem, but when I loaded SW this morning, it was checked again, so this is not a permanent solution.

Below are the additional dialog boxes.

These are the dialog boxes that I have found so far. Perhaps this will give a clue as to where the problem originates.

BOM properties

Hardware Library - Select Configurations

Assembly context sketch notification

Properties - ANSI Weld Symbols and GOST Weld Symbols
(interesting enough, all of the other weld dialog boxes open completely, but I use ANSI 99% of the time)

ANSI weld dialog box in the model also does not open completely either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back