Welded joint material properties....... 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

gregf84

Mechanical
Feb 20, 2013
US
Hello,
Does anyone have access to material properties for steel in the HAZ (heat effected zone) and filler weld material properties? I am trying to build a FEA model of fillet welded joints. I will have more information soon in another message. I am just curious if there is any resources available or an individual with such data?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

For filler metal properties you should refer to the AWS SFA specifications for filler metals. I think your best bet for mechanical properties of welded joints is to use the internet and search by welding process and base materials. There are papers and reference materials.

Properties in the HAZ vary from the distance to the fusion line in the as welded condition and in a subcritical post weld heat treatment. I think metengr's approach is wise.

The manufacturers, i.e., Lincoln, ESAB, etc. typically publish the properties of all weld metal reduced section tensile tests and CVN (if applicable) for each of their electrodes. Visit their web sites and look for their product listings.

Best regards - Al

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back