Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

WELDING ROD STANDARDS 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

loneeagle

Electrical
Mar 8, 2001
US
I am a third year apprentice with an electrical contractor and do some light to medium duty welding. I learned the basics while in high school and a little in college. I also do hobby welding around the house(primarily fab work and general auto welding). I am trying to locate a chart that lists the various welding rod types, fluxes, and amp usage/setting (ie; what a 6011 rod amp setting and metal usage,ect). I had a copy at one time, but lost it.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

There are two "pocket" resources that I know of, but I don't know that either is still in print.

The Lincoln Arc Welding Company had a publication titled "Metals and How to Weld Them". Good resource.

Also, from Craftsman Tools, there was a pocket guide to welding that had a lot of info in it.

Check with both groups...perhaps they still provide them.

Try Lincolns web site. They also print a very comprehensive book called the ‘Welding Procedure Handbook’ which is dirt-cheap. If you live in the UK its available from:-

The James F. Lincoln Arc Foundation.
Mansfield Road. Aston,
Sheffield. S26 2BS
ENGLAND. Tel 0114 287 2401

Otherwise use the web site

Weld Pool site gives details of welding procedures for various materials
Very basic guide to arc welding at
Many more links to welding related web sites try Gowelding.com

Try your Welding Products Supplier or representative. Here in Australia I have obtained pocket sized handbooks from BOC (British Oxygen Company), WIA (Welding Industries Australia, {a very comprehensive book}), Lincoln, Air Liquide, Strata and, Eutectic-Castolin.

Some of these only have information pertinant to their specific products, however most have oodles of generic information from standards information to techniques and procedures required to deposit a weld to deposition rates and most also have a set of conversion tables in the back.

I would imagine that these would be available around the world with the information structured towards the country of use.

Gary

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back