Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Weldment Detail

Status
Not open for further replies.

GRAWDEMGR

Mechanical
Jul 25, 2005
US
I'm using the weldment tool for a complex weldment and using the relative view tool to create individual details on seperate drawing sheets. Does anyone know of a way to link notes on that detail sheet to the cut list custom properties? If it were done as assembly and I was detailing a single part, I would just use $PRPMODEL:"Description".

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Relative view tool....? Have you thought about using the function that creates the weldment structural members into individual parts? If I understand you goal here that is. You want piece part details that you can dimension and create a bill "Description" If you aren't familiar with this weldment function let me know and I'll go into more detail.

Stugots
Mechanical Designer
SW '06 SP5.1

I'm aware of that function. It creates parts with the name assigned in the cut list and does not automatically create a "description" is the custom properties, therefore manually entering the description is still required. It's extra work with no benifit to me.

I may be wrong on this but I don't think there is anyway to push information from the detail sheet into the model. Obviously you can make the dimensions of on the detail driving to control the model but that's what you want.

From your description you are going to create a detail of say "left front plate" or something like that and you want to put a note on detail that will be fed back into the cut sheet on the first page. Is this correct?

I think it may be easier for anyone to help if we get maybe an example of what you are trying accomplish.

The other way around. I have a weldment of many, mostly plates. I have a cut list sheet and many subsequent sheets with views of the individual plate details, e.g. "left front plate". What I would like to do is place a note on that sheet, with the text of that note be driven by the custom property(s) for that cut list item. The end result, I can change the description of a cut list item in my cut list custom properties and have it propagate to the detail view of the appropriate cut list item. In the days prior to weldments of multibody parts, you would use an assembly, have individual part on seperate detail views and your note would contain $PRPSheet:"Description" or something similar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back