Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Weldment Feature Library 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

LJW

Industrial
Feb 19, 2002
US
I would like to create a library of various size tube diameters and wall thickness. Can this be done by using configurations? Do I need to create a Thin Feature for each size, or just a sketch?

This topic would be a great addition to the FAQs.

Thanks,
Larry

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

As far as I know, it would be hard to configure the weld profiles since the profiles are generally library feature files.

Look at the file structure in the installation folders. You will see that each profile has it's own .sldlfp file.

One per feature is the only things right now. Unless, something has changed.

Christopher Zona - Product Designer
Concord, Ontario

I created a part file containing configurations of all the tubing sizes in my company's system. The configurations are driven from a design table I created from an Excel file.

I have a separate 'master' part file for each type of tubing (round, square) I also did this for solid bar stock.

I then wrote a macro that will extract any/all of these configurations and save them as weldment profiles (.sldlfp - or any other format SW can export)

You might need to tweak the macro a bit to get it to work in your system, but here it is and one of my smaller 'master files'

MJDavis,
That's exactly what I had in mind! Your version is newer than mine(SW2004), so I couldn't load your file.

Are the profiles just a sketch saved as a .sldfp file, or do I need to create a feature? I want to learn the basics and then automate the process.

Thanks,
Larry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back