Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Weldments - Cut List Properties - Defaults?

Status
Not open for further replies.

brrian

Mechanical
Jan 21, 2004
US
For every weldment part I create, there are a few cut list properties that each cut list item will use--Description and Material for example. Is there a way to set SW up so these 'default' properties automatically appear for each cut list item? As it is, I create these properties manually for each cut list item.

Note that I'm not looking for the values to automatically populate; I only need the property to be there, just as custom properties can be saved in part files or templates.

Thanks,

Brian

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I don't know how (or think it's possible) to "automatically" have the values there or "automatically" populate these. You could however populate them fairly "automatically" with a macro (the user would have to hit play).

Ken

I came in to work early today to play with this. I learned that if you assign properties to the weldment feature, they propagate to the individual cut list items... that's what I wanted. So, I set up a part template with an included weldment feature, and set the weldment feature up with the properties I want. Now, if I know I'll be designing a weldment part, I can use that template and have those properties exist for all cut list items. Hooray!

brrian,

There's another trick. You can add as many properties you like into the weldment profile. You may want to add Coating Color, Cost per unit, Material among other properties. If they exist in the profile, the cut-list will be populated with these properties.

Daniel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back