Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

What does pulse type value affect? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjengel

Mechanical
Feb 26, 2009
US
A general search in this forum for "pulse type" did not yield any answers and a review of the first 12 pages of threads did not either.

We have an Amada FO3015 with a 160i-L control. In the cut conditions under both cutting and piercing there is a column for "pulse type". We are interested in understanding what this value affects, specifically the value in the piercing table. I have spoken to Amada and have yet to get a clear answer.

It seems that on our machine this is usually set to zero or 45. Can anyone explain exactly what this value does?

Thank you,

Jason

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Its been a long time... But I am 90% sure its the setting for the Adoptive Optic. If by some remote chance you still have the electric mirror, the number should be double that. If you have the pneumatic A/O, please don't go much higher than 45. Too high and the beam size / "spot size" gets too small and you could pierce you focus lens.

I can't think of any reason it should be set to zero. 40, 45, 50, is what i would expect to see on all the settings.

P.S. I know logically "PULSE TYPE" doesn't seem like it should have anything to do with a mirror setting. I don't make the machines, I just make them better.

Thank you Laserninja. So far what I've heard from Amada is that it is indeed related to the A/O. What no one could tell me, until you answered, was what happens if we change the value. We do have the pneumatic A/O. I'm not the operator and have limited knowledge so when I say the value tends to be zero or 45, that's based on what I was told.

I still have calls in to several Amada techs and application engineers so if I get additional information I'll post what I learn.

Thanks again.

Jason

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back