Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

What is the antidote for sloth and torpor in life ? 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 30, 2012
MY
What is the antidote for sloth and torpor in life ?
image_2022-11-29_164941891_t8jbe0.png

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Straight Scotch? [ponder]

-----*****-----
So strange to see the singularity approaching while the entire planet is rapidly turning into a hellscape. -John Coates

-Dik

A mentor(s)

COVID has caused many people to feel a burnout and burnout induced state of apathy. Nothing abnormal. Millions are feeling it. Having friends, mentors, support system helps. Friends, family, co-workers...anyone who you can reach out to

...a good hanging. This clears the problem, all the time.

-----*****-----
So strange to see the singularity approaching while the entire planet is rapidly turning into a hellscape. -John Coates

-Dik

I don't want to sound like a late-night infomercial but you might go get your testosterone level (assuming your male) or perhaps similar female hormone level if that is the case. I did a bit of research on this topic and TRT, I'd suggest first going to LabCorp (assuming you are in the US) and getting T levels measured and see where you are at. The reference range is huge but you can find some reasonable literature to compare your reading to your age. Second point if you are low just know that TRT will cause your body to stop producing testosterone while you are on it.

Image is from
Discussion of image
There is no remedy for torpor and sloth in the sense of an external "fix" or "agent" such as medicine; it has to come from within, doesn't it?

TTFN (ta ta for now)
I can do absolutely anything. I'm an expert! faq731-376 forum1529 Entire Forum list

It looks like I missed the entire point of the original post.

To clarify I am not suggesting use of prescription drugs as a cure all. My point as that we can think of ourselves as complex machines and apply engineering thought process to improving ourselves. One of many ways to approach this is to measure what we can and see if any data points are outside normal range. If something is out of range there are multiple ways to address the issue. Personally, I favor more natural approaches like diet, exercise, sleep, etc. but that is up to the individual.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back