Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

What is the ongoing Capital cost of Compression Installation $/HP? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Termodinamica

Mechanical
Mar 17, 2012
US
For main line gas transmission and/or gathering, what would be the ongoing cost of gas compression for highspeed-separable green field compression. Including scrubbers, gas coolers, controls,valves, station yard and the nine yards?? I have heard #s between the $1800 to $2600 doller per horsepower? Any input would be of great help. Any links to usefull literature would really assist as well. Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Based on a 17 MW centrifugal compression station equipped with variable speed motor, a 2000 usd per hp (including costs of civil works, foundations etc.) would not be unfamiliar to me.

"If you want to acquire a knowledge or skill, read a book and practice the skill".

As rotw says, $2K/HP is a commonly used factor for capital cost, but by "ongoing" do you really mean operating cost?

you must get smarter than the software you're using.

Thank You BigInch. No, I did not mean "ongoing" as O&M cost. But Ill be happy to know what $/Hp-Hr value you forecast for your greenfield highspeed compression.

Thank you.

That's easy if it's gas fueled compressors. It's your cost of fuel gas, probably taken directly from the pipeline. No point buying it elsewhere.

Electric power varies too much by region and even time of day to give a specific figure. $0.08 to $0.28/kWh, or more.

you must get smarter than the software you're using.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back