Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

What type of Self-priming centrifugal pump is this ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

And only self-priming if the liquid ring vavuum pump is primed or can be primed during start up.
Nearly 50 years ago, I drew-up and prepared patent papers for a very similar design, the bearing pedestal included the liquid-ring vacuum pump, I never applied for the patent based on advice from others who considered and I agreed that a seperate stand-alone vacuum was probably a better option.

However back to the OP, wouldn't be surprised if this isn't some kind of subtle advertising - let's see what develops.

It is a capital mistake to theorise before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts. (Sherlock Holmes - A Scandal in Bohemia.)

Which pump companies(s) have these "liquid ring vacuum pump paired with a straight centrifugal pump"...

no luck with google no results.

ok TugboatEng... thanks for the lead

these pumps from Gilkes seem to be for
marine or boat applications. flows are
not very large.

do they make larger flow pump sizes for
industrial applications.

Many self-priming pumps around, letting us know what the application is a better approach.

It is a capital mistake to theorise before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts. (Sherlock Holmes - A Scandal in Bohemia.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back