Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Where do I get a copy of Code Case 2148 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

BradSr

Mechanical
Aug 24, 2004
US
I've checked the ASME internet site. All I got there was the Title "Use of Rod and Bar for Nozzle Necks". Where do code cases go? Why doesn't the code document them? I find interpretations with some secondary reference to this code case.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

ASME publishes Code cases in the next version of the Code, which are for sale on the ASME site. Actually, according to the site, Code cases are published quarterly.

Clicking on a link available to members of the public (i.e., I'm not an ASME member), I found that CC2148 applies to Section VIII-1 and it was published in Supplement 5 to the 2004 Code.

If you go under the Publications section of the website, you'll find where you can purchase the 2004 Section VIII Divison 1 section of the Code. Or if your company subscribes to something like IHS, you can view the latest version online.

Patricia Lougheed

Please see FAQ731-376 for tips on how to make the best use of the Eng-Tips Forums.

You must pirchase the Code Cases seperatly from the Code. They are not included in Section VIII. Your AIA will have a set and you can get a copy from them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back