Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Where has Engineering Gone In The Last 5 Years 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

KENAT

Mechanical
Jun 12, 2006
US
Just noticed faq730-700 and that it is (just over) 5 years old.

So to celebrate this milestone, anyone care to opine on where it has gone? How accurate were some of the initial ideas etc.

KENAT, probably the least qualified checker you'll ever meet...

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I find that a $2 dollar bill is a great source of amusement as there seem so few of them about that many COPs fail to realise they are legal tender.
I have one left from many years ago and now realise that if anyone ever does accept it this novelty will be lost to me.
Perhaps we should encourage a campaign of demand $2 dollar bills from banks and get them back into circulation.

I guess we will need a PR campaign to modify that well known phrase "As phoney as a two dollar bill" to read "as phoney as a three dollar bill".

PS anyone got a complete set of quarters with all the state symbols? (as fast as I collect them, rules being to collect in change wherever I am in the States) my wife empties them out of my pockets and spends them.

JMW

Well, my part of the world is wherever I am at the time but yes, mostly it is the UK.
I have the advantage of a mixed heritage and dual nationality (and am considered handicapped by some in the family who are are multinational - my wife has three or four passports, when she can remember to renew them and my sisters nephews and nieces have three apiece).

It comes in handy when stopped for speeding to be able to adopt an accent and show a foreign identity (i.e. non-European).
Well, almost. My Nephew was stopped in Scotland for (he says) no good reason at all.
He has a full California license and a British provisional license. he was driving alone.
They booked him for driving unaccompanied and without a valid licence; one assumes if he had not the provisional license he would have gotten away with it.
He now has a full British Driving license.

JMW

Actually you can go to a bank and ask for $2 bills. Most good banks have at least a few of them, as people often ask for them for birthday gifts and such.
On the other hand, some older people think the $2 bills are bad luck.

In some smaller towns some companies will at some odd interval pay there workers with $2 bills just to show the community how much they impact the community.

But to really make shop keepers upset, pay with Sizie B's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back