Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Which load case is the design case for any location in the aircraft 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ykantor1

Aerospace
Jul 2, 2011
IL
Which load case is the design case for any location in the aircraft? preferably as an image , such as page 11 in this file.

I have looked at loads analysis books ( e.g. Lomax and Howe) but they have some textual description only. e.g. The lateral gust on the vertical tail is the critical design case for XXX).

Any ideas?
thanks
Ykantor1

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

my experience with transport category aircraft. obviously military aircraft are different, but then I don't think you'd be asking your question here if this was your field.

there really should be someone where you are you can help you.

if you're prepping for an "argument" with designers ... why do you need a reference ? if the designers shoot back with "that's (too) conservative", the reply is "yes, it is conservative, transport category aircraft are very unlikely to exceed 6g limit (so 9g ULT) even at the extreme ends of the aircraft. if you want me to us applicable aircraft data, then buy a DLA (Data Licence Agreement) with the OEM (for a large bag of money) or have me recreate the aircraft loads (probably 100,000 hrs and a couple of Masters degrees).

another day in paradise, or is paradise one day closer ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back