Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

why NX can not use some installed fonts in drafting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JavadM

Mechanical
Apr 29, 2008
US
Hi Dear Friends

I have some font istalled on windows and all of them are true type fonts. in modeling application i can use them, but in drafting they can not be used.
and the following alert will be displayed

after installing some new fonts they wont be listed in NX without UGII_STANDARD_FONT_DIR environment variable and then also alert is waiting again!
how some fonts are accepted by NX and others not?
is any solution for that?
2024-01-16_03-13-11_scifvg.jpg

special thanks
NX 2206

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Several questions.
* If you install the font, does it then install in C:\windows\fonts ?
NX should read this by default since it's there where the windows true types are installed.
* Have you set the UGII_STANDARD_FONT_DIR to some other directory before ?
* The Century Gothic should be a default Windows font and not needed to install, did you install this / download ?
* When you receive this error, check the NX logfile and read what it complains about.

Regards, Tomas

The more you know about a subject, the more you know how little you know about that subject.

I think OP is using an older NX version where the "split" between Unigraphics fonts and True Type had not been fully finished.
the one in the picture should not be applicable for True Type fonts.
I think that there are two "gap" fields in later NX versions.

Regards,
Tomas

The more you know about a subject, the more you know how little you know about that subject.

Hello Dear toost
* all fonts are installed by default in C:\windows\fonts
but all of them are not visible in nx font selection list!
* i just tested the UGII_STANDARD_FONT_DIR addressing C:\windows\fonts and then more fonts are visible but not usable.
* the font century gothic is a windows font, i did not installed it, but i cant use it in drafting application.
* can you tell me where the logfile is stored?

the clear question is this:
why some fonts such Century Gothic are useable in Modeling application and are not useable in Drafting application in the same software?!

also you can test this font Bucheon Monospaced i attached

NX 2206

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back