Will not be tied to the master surface assembly

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeroburn315

Aerospace
Sep 26, 2013
PK
I am trying to tie 2 shell elements but It give me this error:

Slave node 1680 instance del3-1 will not be tied to the master surface assembly_m_surf-1. The distance from the master surface is greater than the position tolerance value.

I have tried everything but still its not working. I have used find pairs, did it manually, increased the tolerance even to the unreasonable values but still no solution. And because of this My work is stuck. I have to present the analysis to our customer by friday so please if anybody can quickly give any advice or help that will be really appreciated.

Note: I have also tried to change the master and slave position, played around with meshing as per google, I even created the parts again from the scratch. Here are the images if you are wondering:

Top PLate (Shell)
image.jpg

Base Plate (Shell)
image.jpg

I want to tie them together Top plate on the shell plate. (The size and dimensions of both the parts are same) I am using shell because of composite material.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hello,

You can use the POSITION TOLERANCE under Tie Contact. Just give a value more than the gap between the Master and Slave under POSITION TOLERANCE in the TIE contact pair. It will certainly work.

Hope this will help you.

Regards,
Prasad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back