Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

WinForms & NX Open

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmick31

Mechanical
Jun 1, 2021
US
Hello all,

I am building a program that involves the use of a windows form. How I currently have it built out - the program goes through specific component one by one and pops open a windows form to fill out for attributes and other things. I've looked around the web and most people recommend using showdialog() which locks NX from being used while the window is open.

However, people here insist to have the ability to interact with NX and rotate around with the window open. Anyone have familiarity with building an application like this? How could I hang up my current dll from running until the window closes out while having access to NX?

Thanks for your time.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hey Cowski - thanks for the help.

My application runs by looping through certain components, pulling info from that component and presenting it in a windows form, and finally letting the user alter that info before submitting(closing) the window.

This worked well with ShowDialog - it locked the loop out while the form was open.

with using Show, the form never loads - and the loop continues with no stop for input(obviously). Could I hack my way by prompting a user selection to give access back to NX and stall the loop until ready somewhere inside of it? Maybe a do while loop until selection.cancelled or form is disposed?

Any thoughts from anyone is much appreciated - can provide more information if I'm being too general

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back