Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

WinWedge with SIEMENS, TELEMECANIQUE AND OMRON PLC's

Status
Not open for further replies.

ELEphilippe

Electrical
May 5, 2003
CA
I've searched a way to send PLC data into SQL server and I found the WinWedge software. Has anyone tried it out? What do you think about it? Do you know a better software or a better way to collect information from a PLC (more precisely SIEMENS, TELEMECANIQUE AND OMRON PLC's) and send it in SQL server (or to store it in a database).

I'm a newbie in this domain so... don't laugh at my questions...

Thanx

Phil

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I have read your request,I didn't use WinWedge but I want to tell you this solution can be done with siemens , I assume its PC based software, I'm sure that WinCC which is Siemens SCADA software had that type of interface but I think it might be expensive one, you can use also ProTool-Pro which Siemens Visulation software it have OPC server/Client interface which mean you can export your data to any of MicroSoft applications and from there you can export it to SQL server, I'm not sure if it have direct export facilities for SQL server. another way also is to use CP343-1 IT (communication Processor) which can send recive emails through Industrial Ethernet. all this are online communication types if you dont need it online I think you can use MP270 or MP370 (Multi Panels) as they can Archive messages and process values(on PC/CF card, network drive through Ethernet)some of there specs.:-
-Range of archive types: polling and sequential archive
-Storing of archive data in standard Windows format (CSV)
-External evaluation with standard Excel and Access tools
Hope this data will help you.
Bye

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back