Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

wire diagram for a leeson-taylor mtr.

Status
Not open for further replies.

paulmars

Mechanical
Jun 2, 2009
US
The mtr plate says "connect for wiring diagram supplied with motor". I dont have this. Can anyone help me? model A4S17DR46B OR A4S1-DR46B. Orange wire marked RB, White marked R21, Black w/White stripe no marking, Green w/Yellow stripe marked R14. Its single phase.

tks, paul

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

The click is probably a Klixon thermal protector resetting. The motor is getting hot quickly for some reason - maybe a defective centrifugal switch leaving the starting winding in circuit when at running speed. If your mechanical skills are reasonable then you might want to remove the NDE bellhousing and take a look at the switch and make sure it operates freely. Otherwise scrap it and get one on ebay. [smile]

----------------------------------
image.php

If we learn from our mistakes I'm getting a great education!

take your thumbs and press down on the plastic ring while pulling out on the weights against the springs. Work it up and down gently.

Something is stuck in the centrifugal mechanism, might need some lubrication. You should be able to get it loosened up so that as soon as you release the weights, the plastic ring snaps back toward the bearing on the shaft. Pushing on the ring (away from the bearing)should also make the weights move outward, but it can be a pretty stiff push to get them to move, so start them moving with your fingers while putting pressure with your thumbs.

The weights move in a direction to stretch the springs.
What ccjersey says. This is a common mechanism, ccjersey is not guessing. From his instructions he has probably repaired several identical switches and a lot more very similar switches.

Bill
--------------------
"Why not the best?"
Jimmy Carter

I tried what ccjersey said several times and will continue to do so. So far that plate wont budge, and its hard to see below the plate, but I might try spraying some lub down there. I will keep working on it and will post my progress.

I got it loose and the mtr now works. Thanks much.

>paul

PS: I have another mtr that I cant figure out, I'll start a new thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back