Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

working abroad 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

solidev

Automotive
May 17, 2005
US
My wife and I have decided to live and work overseas. I am a freelance UG designer. I own two seats of UG.
Does anybody know of any headhunters that place Americans? Sites like monster are geared for hiring local people.
Any thoughts would be helpful.

thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Have you visited the local embassy for the country you wish to work in? I assume you're an American? I would start by looking at American companies that have plants in the country where you want to work? Let us know what country you're considering? A few of my friends from the military went to work for Lockheed Martin in Sauda...great money but in light of how Americans are viewed around the world....I'd rather stay home.

Pity it's UG, there's a big shortage of experienced CAD guys in Australia (automotive) at the moment, judging by the greybeards who have just come out of retirement.

Cheers

Greg Locock

Please see FAQ731-376 for tips on how to make the best use of Eng-Tips.

In India you could be a CEO of an American company. You can enjoy quality life with all the benefits of US company. It is a huge open market here for people from US.

That's a surefire way to limit your workload. One of the main reasons engineering work is going offshore is that American productivity (effective output/$) is lower than its competitors.

Cheers

Greg Locock

Please see FAQ731-376 for tips on how to make the best use of Eng-Tips.

roadtechs.com has some information and links you might find interesting.
There are bulletin boards where you can post questions and a link to tax sites.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back