Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

X-Y Coords for holes

Status
Not open for further replies.

chapers

Mechanical
Mar 29, 2003
I need to create X-Y coordinate position table for holes in a drawing which has 300 various dia holes.Each hole would require an individual letter or number designation.
I am using SW2001

Any ideas please.

chapers

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I got an idea you probably won't like. Upgrade to 2004. It has a Hole Table that does exactly what you want. Take you a minute to make the table, and populate the view with the labels you need. It will let you group like sized holes together if you want, and it will even X & Y slots and rectangular cuts (although it won't put their size in the table).

-----------
Mr. Pickles

to automationbabe & Mr Pickles

Thank you both for your promt response I have downloaded
the trial version of Dynabits for evaluation as this seems to be less expensive route.

chapers

chapers,

Another solution is to do multiple views of the part, with each view being for a specific sized hole. This takes more space on your drawing, but it makes things very clear.

This would be really dumb on a drafting board or on 2D CAD, but you are not on a drafting board or 2D CAD, right?

JHG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back