Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

XML Crash and Lost Toolbars 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

davem10299

Industrial
Dec 21, 2012
US
I've had something go wrong with my 64 bit Draftsight install which I think is related to an XML crash the system reported. I can open DraftSight but have no toolbars and none can be reloaded. I first did a repair install of DS64bit and then a complete removal and re-install but still nothing. The program opens up with the file menu showing but then it opens the drawing "no-name" and the menu disappears. Anyone know how fix this annoyance?
Thanks,
David

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Same problem here, 32 bit. I didn't notice any crashes at all. Draftsight just started opening today with no toolbars or menus loading, after working fine for over a year. Any attempt to load any customizations now results in an immediate crash with no further explanation. The software is now unusable. Anybody, anything?

Same here JohnTM. Mine started happening after last update it seems but not immediately. I can load a profile and get the standard stuff back, then recreate all my icons and such. Then save that profile and reload each time I power up.

I started a different thread about my issue and have had 0 replies. I'm wondering if anyone knows anything about why this is happening.

Win7-64bit.

OK I found the answer on Draftsight's (D/S) web site - FINALLY. I went back there today for some reason (frustration I guess) and found the answer.I had to create an account/login for support but if you registered your software after installing your email address should be in their system already and ready for you to create a no charge support account.

You need to close the D/S program. Then go to the folder (where C:\ is your folder where D/S was installed)

C:\Users\<YourName>\AppData\Roaming

and delete the folder Draftsight. If your system administrator is like mine then you may need to type this address in explorer since the folder AppData was hidden from view (and won't appear when you do a search in explorer either BTW). Then restart D/S and it will reset and show you the missing toolbars.

I followed davem's suggestion for finding the AppData\Roaming file but it isn't there. Anyone have any other ideas, fixes that worked?

Dave M
Thanks for you post - worked for me and I am sharing with my co-workers using draftsight.

JasonWD - when you get to C:\Users\<YourName, click on the bar next to this folder path, and it will allow you to type in AppData, then you will be able to see.
AppData is a hidden system folder which is why you can't see it

I hqad an issue with closing files and crash on close. I was unable to restart D/S and removed the program and then reinstalled.
Aftert the reinstall i received the same crash messages.

I did a delete on the Draftsight folder and then was able to restart normally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back