Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

xrefs not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adrian2

Mechanical
Mar 13, 2002
CA
Dear Folks;

I'm having some difficulty loading an xref which was modified in version 14, saved as version 13 and opened in version 13 on the customers computer. I can open the drawing easily enough but I cannot use it as an xref in another drawing. I get an error message about not being able to concatenate a particular symbol. I have purged and audited the offending xref file with no luck. Has anybody got any suggestions for saving this file before I try creating a brand new drawing.

Many thanks in advance

Adrian D.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

You could try WBLOCK'ing the drawing out of it's current file and pasting it into a new drawing. One tip would be to only have on the layers that you really need to use in this new drawing and then when prompted pick the objects via a 'window' rather than a 'crossing' or typing 'all', this will just keep the data transfer to a minimum.

One final thing, try saving this new drawing as a release 12 ...from my experience 13 was probably the most unstable of the releases, saving as 12 may reduce any errors further.

Hope that helps

Marc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back