Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ZIP UGNX ASSEMBLY 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

gcrow

Automotive
May 23, 2013
US
Does anyone know of a program that will zip or export a UG assembly file from one folder to another besides cloning an assembly?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

No. Back in UGNX 5.0 there was a zip ug assembly file program that could be run externaly. Right now our DBA's have to uuse the "Clone Assembly" command which requires you to add a _suufix to end of name. Was wondering if anyone found or had a new ZIP program.

OK, attached is a file which contains both the 32bit and 64bit versions of the 'ugzip' utility. After downloading the file, edit the file extension from .zipper to .zip and extract the files. Please read the instruction document for the procedure to set-up and use this utility.

John R. Baker, P.E.
Product 'Evangelist'
Product Engineering Software
Siemens PLM Software Inc.
Industry Sector
Cypress, CA
Siemens PLM:
UG/NX Museum:

To an Engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=c08ef0b5-8891-429a-8adb-6cd4eb5e3be5&file=ugzipc_new.zipper
Hey John, Thanks for program. Our IT guy installed and said it doesn't work. It shows up in the menu but we get a load image error. Any ideas?

Did he follow the instructions in the 'readme' file?

John R. Baker, P.E.
Product 'Evangelist'
Industry Sector
Cypress, CA
Siemens PLM:
UG/NX Museum:

Hey John, where do you set the environment variable for UGII_USER_DIR? I'm going to see if I can do this. IT guy said he followed it. It shows up on menu but when selected comes up with the "load image error".

If this computer is used only by you then you can set your environment variables in the systems profile if you wish.

Simply select the Computer icon from your desktop and when the dialog comes up, click the 'Organize' item in the upper-left corner of the 'Computer' window and select the 'Properties' option. When the 'System' window opens select the 'Advanced system settings' item in the upper-left corner. When the 'System Properties' window opens select the 'Environment Variables...' button and now you can set the UGII_USER_DIR variable in either the 'User variables...' or the 'System variables' section of this dialog.

John R. Baker, P.E.
Product 'Evangelist'
Industry Sector
Cypress, CA
Siemens PLM:
UG/NX Museum:

Hello gcrow,
Did you get the tool to work? I have the same "load image error".

btw,
you might want to check out my earlier thread: thread561-316332
It shows a solution, adding a zip assembly functionality to the context menu using UGPC and 7-zip

Regards

I couldn't get it to work because i don't have admin privilage. Our IT guy is looking into it. I will try yours.
Thanks.

I run NX5 on WIN7 Pro 64bit and I have the same issue, receive the same error message. We have been using this feature for years and I know I have it setup correctly. As I no longer have administrator rights I wonder if perhaps this is causing problems or if WIN7 restrictions on access of the c drive are contributing.

Well, it might be a privilege issue since I've had no problems whatsoever but then I have full admin privilege on my system. I don't know for sure, but I guess it's possible that this is the problem.

John R. Baker, P.E.
Product 'Evangelist'
Industry Sector
Cypress, CA
Siemens PLM:
UG/NX Museum:

Hey RonnyC,
We tried yours and we are getting errors also. This is the error we get:
"This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Please install a program or, if one is already installed, create an association in the Default Programs control panel."

@grcow, give the attachment a go. I had a customer with the same problem and we did some digging and found that the dlls from John Bakers have been compiled for NX8.5.
They will not work for NX7.5 or NX8.

If you use the dlls in the attached file and use the instructions from John's post it will work. I have tested on NX7.5 and NX8 and it works. If I run the NX8.5 version the error message is exactly the same.

Anthony Galante
Technical Resource Coordinator

NX5.0.6, NX6.0.5, NX7.5.0-> NX7.5.5 & NX8.0.0 -> NX8.0.3.4, NX8.5.0.23

Thanks Anthony,

That works great for me in NX7.5 & NX8.0

@ gcrow : Did you install 7-zip ( 3th partie zip freeware )
The script relies on this software to read in a text file and zip the paths that UGPC has written into it.

Hi!

this tool works great, but I have a problem with very long directorynames and paths to the prt files.
The paths get cut after 132 characters.
For the question above, running on admin privleges on the workstation, no problems except the long paths so far.

---
SiemensNX8.5.0.23@win7sp1x64

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back