Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

2005 SP1.0 Feb 11th? 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

CADGemini

Mechanical
May 12, 2004
US
I heard a rumor that the next SP would be out by Feb 11th, which is today. However it is not available for download. Does anyone know when the offical release will be? Or do the solidworks programmers only know?

Best Regards,
Jon

Challenges are what makes life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I guess you have a good point. They have til midnight I guess. Is the SP going to be 1.1 or 1.0? On the SW website it tells users that it is 1.0 when you look up (next sp) for 2005 in the SPR List and Lookup Section.

Best Regards,
Jon

Challenges are what makes life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful.

Wow! I bet when the 18th rolls around they will say that it won't be out until the 28th.

Did you get a reason why the delay in this SP release?

Best Regards,
Jon

Should we start a lottery on the release date? [smile]

Be patient ... better for it be late & working, than on time & cause more problems than it fixes. That's easy for me to say ... I'm still running SW04/SP2.1 [sad]

[cheers] & all the best.

I'm beggining to suspect that time to release it's not proportional to quality or bug free SP. This is, in fact, a sign of big mess and I'm not confident enough to install SP1.0 or 1.1 or whatever SP they will release. I predict problems.

The worse is that, one of these days, management will ask me why I'm still running on SW2004, why I have payed for something that it's unusable.

Regards

Unusable??? It may not be 100% suitable for your purpose, but I hardly think that makes it an unusable product. I have not used it, but from what I've read in this forum, most people are OK with it, even if it does have more than its share of bugs.

[cheers] & all the best.

I was able to download SP1.0 using my S/N that is signed up for EV, but not with another S/N.

Now I am curious about what Scott meant by 1.1?

I have followed all of the posts on SP1.0/1.1 closely and I am very surprised that more users are not demanding better support from Solidworks. TheTick was spot on when he said that they should put more time into stability and reliability rather than throwing all of these novelty features at the users. We pay good money for maintenance and quite frankly it's none existent at the moment.

Solidworks are more than eager to call and email months in advance for their fees, but when it comes to putting up the goods they have fallen way short of the mark recently. My renewal is not due until the end of March and I have been receiving calls and emails now to make my payment for 6 weeks. I think that the right thing for them to do would be to start refunding the fees for this year because we still haven’t got what we paid for yet.

I design injection molded and die cast products along with associative tooling and recently I have been wrapping $ bills around the work that I hand over to my customers. I use a large portion of the functionality available in Solidworks and I could create everything that I design now in the 2003 software with none of the delays. I am spending around 20% additional time on my projects in 2005 due to system crashes, lock-ups and rebuild errors.

The bottom line is that Solidworks is slower than ever before and if Solidworks are serious about keeping their number one slot then they need to get the software performing the way that it should.

John Cole
Sr Mechanical Engineer

tvrman ... I assume you have to have SW05 for customer compatability, but if you find SW03 was better & faster, why don't you make your designs & details in SW03, then do a conversion to SW05 for the customer.

I know this doesn't address your support concerns, but hope that this suggestion may help you till M$ & SW get the problems fixed. (If ever).

For the record, I agree that SW should either slow down with the releases and/or have even more "real world" testing, to discover & fix the "bugs", prior to releasing any new version. Then they would not need so many patches.

[cheers] & all the best.

I was just at the subscription area and it looks like SP1.1 is posted.

May need double-checking because I am on EV, but it is noted on the main page now.

Here goes!

I was holding off on installing (four seats) until SP1+. Now I have one week left here before I start my new job. My new job entails no SW admin responsibilities :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back