Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

2007 Roll Call

Status
Not open for further replies.

rockguy

Mechanical
Oct 1, 2002
US
Ok, who has recieved the CD's for SW 2007, where are you located and when do you plan to install?

Rob Rodriguez CSWP
President: Northern
Vermont SolidWorks User Group
(updated 8/12/06)
SW 2006 SP 4.0 / SW 2007 SP 0.0

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Received them Thursday last week at one location. Installed and waiting to use there. At the other location, have not received them yet but will install and do testing once they arrive. Same reseller for both locations (companies).

Pete

New Berlin, Wisconsin

Have not received yet and we will wait for SP1.0 before installing.

Bloodclot

***** Fear not those who argue but those who dodge *****

Dell Precision 670
3.0 Ghz Xeon Processor
Nvidia FX3450
3 gig of RAM
Dual 19" Viewsonics

They came in sometime during vacation (just got home). Phoenix area. (Hope the discs didn't melt/warp, since they were left outside on the patio.)

I don't think I'll get to play with the production version until getting some projects completed--crazy busy now.

Jeff Mowry
Reason trumps all. And awe trumps reason.

Hello all,
Our package arrived here, Pomona CA, yesterday. We will not install until the first service pack is out and we attend our local roll out session.

Funny thing, we have 12 licenses and we only received one set of discs. Is that going to be the new norm or is this just an isolated incident?

Regards,
Dan Olid
SW2006 SP4.1
PDMW 4.0
Cad Designer/PDMW Admin

I received 3 sets of discs for our 3 licenses. Can't imagine why you wouldn't receive 12 sets. Do you have networked licensing? That may be the difference.

Sounds like a call to our VAR is in order to see why we only received one set since we are not using a network license.

Regards,
Dan Olid
SW2006 SP4.1
PDMW 4.0
Cad Designer/PDMW Admin

Received ours Wednesday (30 Aug), north central Indiana. I'll probably install on my system first as a separate install and only create new assemblies to test before it goes anywhere else. This company has 50k prints in AutoCAD that will be (eventually) make their way to SW- and we're just getting started- so I've got time. ;)

Back from vacation today. My 07 CD's were here. Don't know when I can upgrade, we are moving to another building in a few weeks.

Chris
Systems Analyst, I.S.
SolidWorks 06 4.1/PDMWorks 06
AutoCAD 06
ctopher's home (updated 06-21-06)

Just got ours on 05-SEP-2006. I'm going to the 2007 Rollout today here in Tucson to see the new enhancements. Then we'll go from there.

Macduff [spin]
Colin Fitzpatrick
Mechanical Design Engineer
Solidworks 2006 SP 4.1
Dell 380 XP Pro SP 2
nVida Quadro FX 3450/4000

I am a VAR and I still have not got mine... to me thats a load of you know waht... I am getting calls about the CD's and I cannot even test it out here. I can't believe the VAR's were looked over in the shipping of CD's.

Someone feel asleep over there in the shipping dept or in their Order management area.

regards,

Scott Baugh, CSWP [pc2]
faq731-376

You think as a Certified SW guy, you would be one of the first ones to have it.

Macduff [spin]
Colin Fitzpatrick
Mechanical Design Engineer
Solidworks 2006 SP 4.1
Dell 380 XP Pro SP 2
nVida Quadro FX 3450/4000

Ours came on the 5th of September. We will not upgrade till IT upgrades all of our computers to windows xp, Dont know when that will be. I'm in northern Ill.

I have installed on 2 test machines for tial though. no problems with the instilation.

I love fillet expert.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back