Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

256MB NVIDIA FX3400 (HEGA) 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimp178

Mechanical
Apr 23, 2001
GB
I am buying a new Dell computer was going to order 256MB NVIDIA FX3400 Quadro video card but can only find 256MB NVIDIA FX3400 (HEGA) on their site are both cards the same?

Thanks again Jim

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

My guess is that it is the same. It appears to be a made-up-by-Dell category, as I can find no mention of HEGA on the nVidia site.
I believe the term to be short for High End Graphics Accelerator. The fx3400 is a High End card. Dell also uses MRGA for other cards listed as Mid-Range.

[cheers]
Helpful SW websites every user should be aware of faq559-520
How to get answers to your SW questions faq559-1091

I did a quick search on the net. Looks like some time of special video for gaming from Dell. Most of my searches pop up in some other language with the name HEGA. My guess is they are the same, but those that use games that have other languages are compatable.

Chris
Sr. Mechanical Designer, CAD
SolidWorks 05 SP3.1 / PDMWorks 05
ctopher's home site (updated 06-21-05)
FAQ559-1100
FAQ559-716

I found the card on the Dell Italian web site and they are calling it a Quadro FX3400 and is a PCIE card. The way they have it listed you would think it would be based on the Quadro FX3400 Chip.

That is my oppinion anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back