Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

2D Interaction curves for rivet and bolt

Status
Not open for further replies.

sych

Structural
Mar 14, 2005
US
I'm a new user of mathcad and I'm trying to plot the 2D interaction curves for equation X^3 + Y^2 = 1. I got the plot for this equation, however, when I enter my tensile ratio and shear ratio, how do i plot the linear curve to intersect the equation mentioned above and then give me the results of new X and Y? please help

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

One way to plot two curves is typing the equation as two functions of x as follow:

a) Cubic equation: f(x)= (1-x^3)^(1/2)

b) Linear equation: Let's say g(x)= 2- 2x

PLOT:
type: x in the horizontal axe
type: f(x)[blue] , [/blue]g(x) in the vertical axe

IRstuff, yes, I have posted the same question on Mathcad Collab, and I just wanna get the answer quicker so that I can move on. I'm learning Mathcad by myself as I think it is an ease to put all the useful equations/calculations together for future use. Thank you all of you for the helpful answer.

I understand your desires, and were this a hobbyist bulletin board, I wouldn't care about wasting other peoples' time. However, since people here and at the other forum are working stiffs who volunteer their time, it's only fair to give them fair warning so that they don't waste their time retreading trodden ground.

TTFN

as u said, ppl r volunteer and I dont think I'm wasting anyone's time here, in fact, not all ppl know the other site so this could be a useful question to others who is using this forum. I apologize if i waste ur time and make u spend more time to type such comment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back