Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ABAQUS: 125257 elements have missing property definitions and partition on a curved surface

Status
Not open for further replies.

jj89

Mechanical
May 17, 2015
DE
125257 elements have missing property definitions,
I don't know how to start or how could I solve the problem, My idea is to simulate the deformation of a plate die and the bolster.
On the plate die there is a presure of 300 MPa and on the bolster there is a constrain oposite to the presure.

Also I have problems doing a partition on a curvarure surface, I mean I want to do the partition on a curved surface but I don't know how to do that!

Abaqus is sooo dificult to me... I always have problems and I am never sure what i'm doing....

Thank you!!!!!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I already did, after that i did a paar of partitions, maybe it is because those partitions?
When you do a partition, it is like a new part??? is the material properties uncouple ??

Did you try reassigning the Sections to the parts after you partitioned them? Partitioning allows to assign different sections to the same part... it might have impacted your original Section Assignment.

Regarding the partition... you should post an image of what you are trying to mesh so it is easier to make suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back