Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Another issue I have been dealing with

Status
Not open for further replies.

bmarchand

Automotive
Mar 12, 2014
CA
Another thing I have been dealing with for a while and I am probably missing something simple

What I like to do is use the face color to color my faces of a body I am going to wave link and subtract out, like a clearance pocket for example, I will color my subtraction block deep peach and after subtracting this out I know that the color is meant for clearance.

this works great and in the file I am working with now I have subtracted out about 40 of the same tool body and then realized that the clearance color I wanted was wrong. I was hoping that changing my face color to the right color would allow all the links to update to the new color, but it doesn't, I have to go into each link and deselect and reselect the tool and let it re subtract it.

Am I doing something wrong or is this not possible. All parts fully loaded, I tried update all and update for external change.

Thanks

Brian Marchand-owner
BRM Design
NX 11.0
16G Ram - Nvidia Quadro K4000
Win 7 Pro x64

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=e8715c07-843a-4b24-aaa9-768ba19ce17d&file=color.JPG
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Have you tried a Feature Playback and just jumped to the end without stopping?

Tim Flater
NX Designer
NX 9.0.3.4 Win7 Enterprise x64 SP1
Intel Core i7 2.5GHz 16GB RAM
4GB NVIDIA Quadro K3100M

LOL, I just tried that about a half hour ago, when I get to the linked bodies, they are still at the old face color bur the tools are all changed to a new face color

Brian Marchand-owner
BRM Design
NX 11.0
Win 7 Pro x64

The only other thing I would be able to advise on this is to make sure you have the Out Of Date column visible in your Assembly Navigator & see if you see any clock icons show up. If you do see the clock icons indicating a part out of date, then go to Menu -> Assemblies -> WAVE -> Associativity Manager, then select all parts that show up in the larger white area of the dialog then press the Update Selected Parts button.

If that doesn't work, then I'm guessing you're going to have to repeat all of the Subtracts or edit the face colors manually unless someone with more experience than I with WAVE links decides to chime in.

Tim Flater
NX Designer
NX 9.0.3.4 Win7 Enterprise x64 SP1
Intel Core i7 2.5GHz 16GB RAM
4GB NVIDIA Quadro K3100M

I tried that Tim but to access those wave tools I need a wave license, which i don't have, must be in the advanced assembly license

Thanks

Brian Marchand-owner
BRM Design
NX 11.0
Win 7 Pro x64

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back