Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Application of BB4 ( API 610 ) pumps 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

extremechanical

Mechanical
Sep 8, 2009
CA
Could anyone please let me know if there is a specific advantage of BB4 model of API 610 over BB3 or even BB5. Other than they are "tie Rod" pumps or " "ring pumps" are there any specific application for this Model.

Thanks a lot !

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

The BB4 model doesn't meet all the requirements of API 610, it can be a maintenance nightmare, and has more locations for leak points than a BB3 or BB5. I've seen them used in boiler feed water service, wwtp, etc. I would not want one of these types of pumps in a critical service. for the lifetime of the equipment there are usually better designs (i.e. BB3 or BB5).

Ring section pumps were actually part of a vast communist plot introduced to bring our refineries/chem plants to a grinding (literally) halt.

Thankfully our alert Gov't. agents caught on and had most of them rerouted to Russia where they in fact ended up ruining THEIR facilities and thereby ending the Cold War.

In the meantime, there were many communist agents posing as pump parts/repair salesmen that became very wealthy continually pretending to provide "engineering upgrades" to these pumps. Thankfully most of them are now in the junkbin of history with so many of these dastardly pumps.

God Bless America.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back