Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Area of sheet metal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Industrial
May 4, 2010
CA
I work the sheet metal to make architectural panels. I need to know the surface (sq. ft) of the piece are painted. I know with the "variable table", using the formula, it's possible to find the area that I want. But the complexity of the formulas become complicated. Is it possible to take the "surface area" in the "physical properties" and divide by 2 ? Which would give me the exact area that I want for all the pieces that I make.

Thank you and excuse my English writing.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Sounds like that should work for you, considering that I suspect that there's some sort of tolerance when calculating the 'exact area' for a painting operation.

BTW, what's a '.psm' file?

John R. Baker, P.E.
Product 'Evangelist'
Product Design Solutions
Siemens PLM Software Inc.
Industry Sector
Cypress, CA

To an Engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

As long as the data is opened inside NX then NX can analyse the geometry.

Best Regards

Hudson

www.jamb.com.au

Nil Desperandum illegitimi non carborundum

Hi.

I'm, working with Solid Edge V20 and i want to know if it's possible to have the surface of this pieces (the surface appears, only half of the surface of all the sheet metal) (see the attachment) automatically and insert the information in "draft". So, if i make a modification, the surface update automatically in my "draft".

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back